Med Aditus is currently seeking dynamic, qualified candidates for an Internship in Global Health & Business Development. This internship is a unique training opportunity for a Masters-level student in a field at the intersection of global health and entrepreneurial development. If you are passionate about contributing to positive global change and have a great team spirit, we encourage your application for this internship opportunity.
Med Aditus International, Inc. is a nonprofit aspiring to address the unmet need for quality, affordable medicines in sub-Saharan Africa. Med Aditus seeks to work with foundations, governments, international agencies, and the private sector in implementing its plans to establish a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in a sub-Saharan African country. This facility will make and supply critically needed, affordable medicines at the highest standard of quality. In addition, Med Aditus will develop and deliver innovative training programs to cultivate a world-class, sustainable local workforce in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
The intern will be charged with, but not limited to, the following key responsibilities:
- Contributing to development and execution of business development strategies
- Providing detailed analyses of funders, funding opportunities, and potential partners
- Writing, editing, and proofreading proposals and other strategic documents
- Developing tools and resources for business planning and development
- Conducting desk research on key technical topics and geographies
- Ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information
The intern will acquire critical knowledge and skills through practical experience and supportive mentorship. The internship will be tailored to the unique skills and development interests of the individual, and will include the following areas of focus:
- Healthcare systems and public health in developed and developing countries
- Challenges to—and solutions to improve—access to quality medicines and health services in developing countries
- Development and execution of strategic plans, operational plans, and business strategies
- Establishing and collaborating through strategic partnerships
- Business and resource development, including proposal development
- Cross-cultural competence and global mindset
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters-level student in Public Health, Business, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Social Work, or related field
- The ability to cultivate relationships and collaborations with diverse, international populations
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in business development and global health
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for the Med Aditus Internship in Global Health and Business Development by submitting a cover letter and resume/CV to [email protected], or completing the form below. For any questions, please contact Chris Ormsby at [email protected].