The Med Aditus Fellowship in Global Health & Entrepreneurship is a unique opportunity to train as a global entrepreneur in healthcare and pharmaceuticals for those holding a PharmD degree, a Master’s or PhD degree in pharmaceutical/biomedical/public health sciences or a Master’s degree in business administration.
Med Aditus International, Inc. is a nonprofit that aspires to address the unmet need for quality-assured, affordable medicines in sub-Saharan Africa. Med Aditus seeks to work with foundations, governments, international agencies, and the private sector in pursuing its mission by establishing a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility and a secure supply-chain in a sub-Saharan African country. In addition, Med Aditus will develop and deliver training programs to cultivate a world-class workforce to sustain the pharmaceutical industry in the region.
The fellow will be charged with, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Participating in the execution of Med Aditus strategic plan;
- Identifying and analyzing potential strategic partnership opportunities;
- Fostering relationships with key stakeholders to support the mission of Med Aditus; and,
- Developing essential tools and resources for implementing Med Aditus projects, programs, and initiatives.
The fellow will acquire critical knowledge and skills through practical experience and didactic training, which will enable them to pursue a successful career anywhere in the world as an entrepreneur and healthcare professional. The fellowship will be tailored to the unique skills and development interests of the individual, with a focus on the following:
- Healthcare systems in developed and developing countries
- Challenges of access to medicine and healthcare in developing countries and possible solutions
- Developing and implementing strategic objectives and goals
- Identifying and forging strategic partnerships
- Business and resource development
- Cultural competence and global mindset
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- PharmD, PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field, MPH, or MBA
- The ability to cultivate relationships and collaborations with diverse, international populations
- A proven interest and/or experience in global health care
- Evidence of the drive to make a difference on an international stage.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting a cover letter and resume/CV to [email protected], or completing the form below. For any questions, please contact [email protected]